October 19, 2010

30 Frugal Things I Do

I did a money survey a few months back, and the results were that I was almost frugal.  I really didn’t know the meaning of frugal at that time but I know that I work hard for my money and don’t want to pay more than I have to for life.  Now I know frugal doesn’t mean you are poor and looking was to pay your bills, it means you have control where your money goes. I still believe God provides all that we need but I also believe God wants us to make wise chooses.


Savings on Food
Weekly meal plan based on current supermarket sales
Use coupons but don't go crazy, only buy what I need
Make double batches of dinner to freeze and reheat
Have LeftOver/Cereal once a week
We pack our own lunch
I drink big brother's free coffee
Homemade snacks and meals taste better
Saving money
I have a separate checking account just for shopping.
I have an emergency fund, it's small but there
I use swag bucks to earn points which I redeem for a free $5 Amazon gift card
I do a monthly budget
Balance my checkbook weekly to keep us on budget
Always ask your bill provider what can be done to lower your bills
Free or almost Free
Free haircuts, thanks to a good friend
Homemade gifts, I can show more people that I care and think about them
Hand-me downs, Thrift store, garage sales
Homemade laundry soap cost me $10 a year!
Library saves me over $500 a year on books!!!
Monkey's favorite place to go is the park
Saving on HealthCare
Eat Healthy! Saves on the number of trips to the doctor but you also living longer
Exercise! Save's on doctor visits and gives you more energy
Sleep keeps you sane
Water is free and we need it to live
Vitamins, the CVS brand is just as good as the designer brand
V8, 3 serves a day just by drinking V8 (buy the large can, it's cheaper than bottles)
Save the Planet
Reuse, I think about everything twice before I throw anything out
Turn the water off while doing dishes, take 2 minute showers
Line dry clothes saves on Gas and extends the life of your clothes & dryer!
Our family is always in the same room, only one TV, one room of lights on


What frugal things do you do in your household?

1 comment:

. said...

I do a lot of the same ones you do! Like the homemade laundry detergent a friend of mine makes and the meal plan, although I haven't cooked a lot or gone shopping much since my son was born but I'm planning to make my meal plan again starting next week! Another thing I do is following my husband around and turning off lights (it annoys him to no end!). He is notorious for leaving the light on in say the bedroom when he is in the living room because he "is going to go back in there sometime soon." So I just follow him around, room to room as he leaves, and turn off all the lights! He says I like living in darkness! Thanks for sharing these, you've given me some good ideas!