October 6, 2010

Meal Planning

I really wasn't impress with the sales at all this week at the supermarket.  There is a chicken roaster on sale that I will pick up to make chicken noodle soup (part of my Big Cook Day)


Dinner
Saturday: Spaghetti & meatballs (already made) with Cesar Salad and Garlic bread $6 serves 4
Sunday: Birthday Party $0
Monday:  Chicken tacoswith black beans and corn $6 Serves 3
Tuesday: Beef Stew (I split the roast I bought last week and made a roast with the first half) $3.50 serves 3
Wednesday: LeftOver/Cereal Night $0
Thursday: Cheeseburgers with sweet potato fries and carrot sticks-n-cucumber slices $4.50 serves 3
Friday: Eggplant parmesan$6 serves 4 (use leftovers for Saturday’s lunch)

Lunch
Week Day: For Monkey: Grilled Cheese and apple slices $2.5 serves 4
Week Day: For Monkey: Pizza $.88 serves 1
Week Day: For DH & Me: Deli sandwich on whole grain/wheat bread with spinach &V8 $20 serves 10
Saturday: Eggplant Parmesan $0

Breakfast
Saturday – Waffles  
Sunday- Coffee Hour at church
Week Day: Oatmeal/Cereal (bought at Sam’s Club) with fruit
Week Day: “B” shape pancakes with fruit

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I'm right there with you about the sales this week. I wasn't impressed at all, but you work with what you have. I got the whole roaster chicken for dinner also, then I use the leftover chicken for soup the next day! Great minds think alike. I never thought of using part of my roast to use in my stew...I think I'll have to do that next time. Its much cheaper than buying the meat separately for stew.