October 8, 2010

Friday Confession

I am confessing about money because I try not to think about money more than I think about the Lord.

History: Monkey had a bad case of croup during the summer, we went to our in-network predication but Monkey’s breathing on a scale went from a 5 to a 2 in a matter of 10 minutes, so the Dr called 911, an ambulance came to the Dr’s office and took us 7 miles to the in-network hospital. Now the bills are coming in, which I knew would because I chose the plan with a highish deducible for a lower premium (but I was smart and took the savings in premium and banked it) but these bills were higher than I thought because the ambulance and the ER doctor was out-of-network. So I have been working with my health insurance company to see what can be done.  (I am never afraid to ask why this or that or in this example write a letter for help lower this crazy bill).  The outcome is Cigna is going to try to put an assessment on these claims, since all my decision was in-network.

My Confession is that my stomach is in knots worrying about this and I have to wait 15 business days to find out what I have to pay.  I just keep telling myself not to worry about tomorrow because God is already there and I try to not think about money so much because I believe that God will provide what we need, but the unknown bills kill me. I have faith that everything will be ok, even if we have to work crazy OT because Monkey is happy and healthy. I feel a little better thanks

2 comments:

brittany said...

i know its easier said than done..but dont worry about it..everything will work out..
i hate money also and i hate thinking about it..because if i start i dont stop and the worrying hits big time..but somehow..when things get bad for us..we always manage to pull through..
so again try not to worry too much and know you guys will be fine!! =)

Amanda said...

I am trying to not worry about, I mean there is nothing I can do for the next 14 business days so why think about it but still my belly hurts.