October 12, 2010

BookClub: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith

I am not going to be able to start reading this book till maybe this weekend (I would like to fill out my Christmas Cards and I can only do one thing at a time...don't laugh it's true). This book is killing two birds with one stone; I wanted to read something a little crepy to get me into the Halloween spirt but I normally don't love scary books but I am a history lover AND DH wants to read the same book and he LOVES vampires. I'll cash in my two brownie points later when I screw something up ;) 

Indiana, 1818. Moonlight falls through the dense woods that surround a one-room cabin where a nine-year-old Abraham Lincoln kneels at his dying mother's bedside. Only later will the grieving Abe learn that his mother's fatal affliction was actually the work of a vampire. Gifted with his legendary height, strength, and skill with an ax, Abe sets out on a path of vengeance that will lead him all the way to the White House.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is only 336 pages so I should be finish reading this by Halloween

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I started reading the book and loving it. I think I will add's Seth Grahame-Smith first book on my reading wish-list.