October 18, 2010

Unplanned Weekends

A few words that would describe me is predicable, planner, control freak, list maker but something I like to do that might shock people is to have at least one unplanned weekend.  God has full control on what happens and I am never disappointed.  This past weekend was unplanned; I was needed for support this weekend for the good times and bad.  I am glad that I was there for the good and bad without looking at my watch thinking about the next schedule event.  Unplanned weekends are also busier messier weekends but not more expensive!  Just because your day is unplanned doesn’t mean you need to spend more money, just take a little time preparing to save big bucks; pack a cooler of snacks, fruit, and water bottles (just need to add ice packs before you leave the house) and a clean house (this way you can invite people back to your house for dinner, drinks, or dessert instead of going out to a restaurant.  Some of my favorite “to-go” snacks are muffins, whole apples, and cookies (it’s a good balance).   I have gone to my nephew’s football game and peel an apple for Monkey in the stadium, people look at me like I am crazy bring an peeler to a game but what am I going to do Monkey doesn’t like apple skin and I refuse to pay money for junk food.  Thursday night I prepare for my unplanned weekend, happily though on Monday morning the diaper bag is empty, the house is a MESS, and no more snacks.  So we all know what I am doing tonight cleaning and resting.   

No comments: