October 1, 2010

Grading myself

Every since Monkey has been born I realized how busy life can get and I am very bless to have so many people in our lives but when you have lots of love you also have full calendar and before you know it a whole month has gone by with in a blink of an eye. For a while I was having a hard time balancing my life, there were periods where I spent too much time with my friends and my family would complain (rightful so) or vise visa. So I set up a Google calendar so all of my friends and family have access to my chaotic life, but that wasn’t enough my life was still feeling lopsided. I needed a way to make sure I was balanced not just so every has their fair share of me but for my sanity as well. Then I created my grading system;  all during the month I use my Google calendar, I will take note when Dh and I had our bar date (in our basement) or when I had a cup of tea with my BFF (even tho my life is busy I try to keep it simple like home dates and tea breaks), this way at the end of the month I can review where I spent my time and where I need to spend more time in the next month.

I broke it down into 5 categories; Faith, Family, Friends, Momma, and Wife. Then I simply count how many dates, events, and outings I have had during that month, for each event it’s a grade.  For example, I only had two date with my DH so under the Wife category I get a C which means I need to spend more time with my DH in October or we won’t be a happy couple but I will make it a C+ since we didn’t get into any fights ;).  
For September
Faith: B+
Family: A+ (this was an easy category this month due to lots of birthday’s)
Friends: A+ (another easy category this month due to my BFF’s wedding)
Momma: A+  (Monkey never complains)
Wife: C+

I also look at our bank accounts, see we paid any unnecessary fee’s (late fees, ATM fee’s overdraft) or spending, how much did we paid towards our debit and how much did we save, how much did we add to our debits.
Money: C+ (see BFF’s wedding and family birthdays lol)  

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Thats a great system. It can be hard to figure out how to be so many people in one: women, mother, wife, friend, daughter, sister! But you should add one more category to your grading...Yourself. You can't get A's in each catergory if you don't take care of yourself also. I'm still learning that lesson...why is always the hardest one to accomplish...lol!

Amanda said...

Actually that is where I might be a bit selfish, I always get some "me" time in everyday, and it’s not even an option. I definitely where a lot of shoes but I think playing all those roles keeps me energized by the time it's 4:00 I'm ready go home and play and I actually love when Monday mornings comes and I get to go to work. I feel a future post working in the mix right now lol