October 27, 2010

Happy Note

Last month I mention that wanted to reduce our food bill to $95 a week; this month on aveage I spent $88 a week!! I might be the only one excited about it but it turns in to an extra $50, which I already spent at the Russian Festival at my church last week lol.  The great thing is we have more snacks in our house becuase I am baking bread, cakes, and cookies all the time.  Please note that we eat our vegatables, fruits, and drink our V8 everyday lol.


In order to celebrate my little victory, here is my list of my most common items I buy at the MAX price I will pay for them.

Produce
5lbs of White Potatoes: $2.50 but will try to wait when it’s under $2
1lb Carrots: $1
Red Pepper: $1.75 a pound (dave doesn’t like green pepper)
Fresh Fruit: $1 a pound, we are lucky to have a farmers market close to our supermarket so I tend to get a good deal on all fresh produce

Beverages
Coffee: $2 we drink Chuck’s Full of Nuts, 4 small cans has more coffee than 1 large can and when it is on sale it’s cheaper.
Orange Juice: $2
V8: $2.50 for a large can (then pour into smaller bottles)
Soda: twice a year I buy when it’s 5 case for $11 (we don’t drink soda normally)
Crystal Light: $4 for the big packets but will stock up when it’s less
Bottle Water: 32 bottles for less than $5

Meat
Chicken Brest: $2 a pound
Any other cut of Chicken: 75 cents a pound
Ground Beef: $2 a pound
Bottom Round Roast: $1.75 a pound (which I butcher up into two meals)
Pork Tenderloin: $2.25 a pound (I buy at Sam’s Club then butcher up into 7 meals)
Sausage: $2 a pound but this is usually cheaper
Butter: $2.50 but will try to wait for when it’s under $2
Can Tomatoes: $1 or less a can
Pasta: Never more than a $1
Chicken Stock: $0.00 Homemade :)

Dairy
Cheddar Cheese $1.25 will stock up when it’s less
Yogurt 50 cents or less
Eggs: 2 dozen for around $2.50

Sweets
Cake/Brownie Box mix when it’s less than 90 cents a box
Frosting: $0.00 homemade :)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Nice! They had good sales last week at shoprite. I was very excited, only spent $250 for the month of October so far. I have been baking like crazy also...another reason why I love this time of year :)