September 7, 2010

Household Chores

When you work 40 hours and your weekends are filled with faith, family, and friends it leaves you no room for house work. I have no time for house work nor any money for a maid (even though if I did have money for a maid, it would become tithe money instead). Like any women there are things that drive me crazy, for example; I like to walk around my house barefoot but I hate the feeling of dirt under my feet, but I hate the feeling that I am always cleaning which is hard for any momma out there. So here is how I fit cleaning into my busy life;

Every day I do one load of laundry and a quick clean to the kitchen (dishes, countertops, and sweep).
Every other day I do a quick clean to our upstairs bathroom (quick wipe to the tub, tiles, sink, countertop, and toilet) . The three of us rarely use the powder room so I only need to clean it once a week.
Every Wednesday night is my cleaning night: I clean both bedrooms, both bathrooms, the kitchen, living room, and the dining room. I put away clutter, empty trash, dust/windex, map/vacuum every room. It only takes me 3 hours to clean both floors thanks to being organized. My trick is clean one room at a time (starting with the baby’s since he goes to bed at 7) and I carry around my cleaning basket which has everything I need to clean all the rooms. I don’t turn on any TV or radio bc then I just get distracted and everybody is sleeping so I have a good few hours to talk to God. Boy do I talk to God when I am cleaning out my refrigerator.
Every 6 monthish I go crazy and do a deep clean where I clean the closets, windows, walls, swap seasonal clothes, Murphy oil all the wood, clean the carpets.
This schedule keeps my house clean and I don’t feel like I am always cleaning. How do you manage your household chores?

2 comments:

Pres. Kathy said...

That is a good way to clean. Personally, I make a to-do list on Sunday night. I try to finish everything on that list my Saturday. I am all about the lists!

Paula said...

I like your blog!

Have a nice time!
Paula