February 24, 2011

What do you splurge on?

I normally don’t feel comfortable spending a lot of money on myself but with my birthday next week and thinking of all the things I personally need…it’s time this momma goes shopping.  I don’t need a closet full of the lastest fashion or a bag for every month but I do need the basic and I need to feel fabulous and confident.  So what am I buying for my birthday??? Benefit foundation powder, its $35 bucks but the Lord blessed me with dry, pale, sensitive Irish skin.  This is the cheapest foundation that looks and feels great every day for me.  The downside, it really doesn’t go on sale so I buy a new foundation this time every year because Sephora also those in freebies for your birthday (and while I’m online I will also buy a new eye shadow so I get free shipping).  My face cream is also a little pricey $65 on sale which I make last for a year and half (I shouldn't need to purchase this until the fall). But these two items make keeps my face clear of redness and dryness (my two worst enemies). For the rest of my makeup I shop at the drug store with coupons when the needed items are on sale;)

2 comments:

brittany said...

like you i barely buy myself anything anymore..
my splurge use to be my nails (but i took them off with everything going on) i would go about every 4-5 weeks..so id go longer than the normal 2 weeks..id get my 20 bucks worth of it each time..hopefully in a few months i can get them back on..
my other splurge is my blackberry..i know i really dont need it but i love it! and i think im worth an extra 15 bucks a month..lol..

Michelle M. said...

I rarely splurge as well. When I do, it is usually on something for the house, not necessarily just for me. but I'm ok with that. :)