February 10, 2011

We are starting to Potty Train!!

As a working mom, my days are priceless I have a 3 day weekend this month so I turned it into 4 straight days on potty training. I will admit it’s sooner that I thought I would potty train my son but he is showing signs so I don’t want to lose this beautiful window ;).  The other day, he said “I gotta go pee” so I placed the toilet ring (free from pamper point, thank you pampers) on the toilet and he peed! For the past two months he has been very interested about the toilet.

I have done and still working on “potty time” things with Monkey.  I am very big into hand washing, so now he is a pro at washing his hands.  I just started teaching him how to pull down his pants.  My kid loves clothes so he doesn’t know how to take off clothes but now I can see that will be very important in a week.

So I did some research on which potties to buy and order two different “floor models” I actually didn’t like any of the expensive ones, I was afraid if it played music he would get distracted, he gets easily distracted.  I proudly bought some big boy underwear, thinking I may/will need more.  And now till next weekend my mom and I are collect all sorts of “gum ball” toys from the quarter machine :)

                                          Do you have any tips for this new mom??

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

My kids both preferred to use the regular toilet with a special seat on it. That made things much easier for everyone :) I am not a big fan of these, but my daughter needs to use those flushable wipes when she goes #2. She just isnt a great wiper and those have helped.

Good luck! I hope everything goes well for you both!