February 9, 2011

meal plan week of 2/12-2/18

I have been making a lot of cupcakes lately to practice using a pastry bag for Monkey’s birthday party so this week I’ll be making one of my DH favorites Red Velvet Cup Cakes.  Red Velvet Cup Cakes needs real buttermilk* so whenever I need to buy a dairy specialty item, I like to use it up fast or I WILL forget about it and it will just spoil in my fridge. So this week I am making breaded chicken, soaking the chicken in buttermilk makes the chicken so moist that my meat picky son will eat it!

*fake buttermilk is 1 cup of milk with a tablespoon of white distilled vinegar, cider vinegar, or lemon juice. I use fake buttermilk when it comes to cooking but prefer the real stuff for baking.

Dinner
Saturday: Baked Fish with rice and steamed broccoli
Big Family Sunday Dinner: Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and vegetable medley and buttermilk biscuit
Valentine’s Day Monday: Slow-Cooker Brisket Sandwiches with coleslaw
Wednesday: LeftOver/Cereal Night
Thursday: Baked Chicken with sweet potato fries and green beans
Friday: Thick Italian Winter Stew with Vermicelli and buttermilk biscuit

Breakfast
Saturday Morning: Scrambled eggs with leftover lunch meat
WeekDay: Strawberry Banana Muffin/Oatmeal/Cereal

Snacks-N-Sweet
Chocolate Banana Pops
Valentine’s chocolates ;)

2 comments:

brittany said...

yumm..ive noticed being home now..im cooking dinner more often and definitely baking just about every other day lol..
the baked chicken sounds great..and so does the brisket!!! i got a crock pot as a bridal shower gift..ive yet to use it or even take it out of the box..i think i may have to go find it!
and your hubby has good taste! red velvet is awesome..

Amanda said...

You need to pull out your crock pot!! I need a new one, mines about 5 years old and it's just not cooking the same as it used too.

I hope the brisket comes out good, I didn't know what to do for Vday since it is a Monday and we don't really have the money to go out to dinner (plus we have Monkey).