February 17, 2011

I am NMPT!!!

New Mom in Potty Training, I feel that I might have bought more than needed for potty training but since this is my first time I am going to use that excuses :) I rather have too much than not enough because I don’t plan on leaving the house for 3-4 days.
The potty supplies
2 Potty Chairs (one for each floor)
20 pairs of underwear
Flushable wipes (not sure if I needed this but NMPT)
2 Fitted waterproof mattress pads

The potty “helpers”
High Fiber Diet~ Raspberries, bananas, pears, bran berry muffins, raisin oatmeal cookies (doubles as reward too)

The Liquid Diet~ Water, Juice, Ice pops (doubles as reward too)

The Rewards
Valentine’s clearance candy
Oatmeal raisin cookies
Ice Pops
Fruit Snacks
A basket full of small cheap toys
Two new sesame street books
Potty chart and stickers for one big reward
Lots of Hugs and Kisses!

The Plan
Using the 3 day method starting Saturday morning, spending 4 full days on PT.  I plan on staying in Monkey's bedroom and the kitchen for most of the times, they are the closetest to the bathrooms.  We will be coloring, playing in the sensory box, cleaning out the toy box, and playing with all his toys all weekend.  I cleaned both bathrooms last night and moved anything that I didn't want to "get in the way" lol.

I will keep you posted...during his nap times of course

3 comments:

Michelle M. said...

I hope it goes well! If it doesn't work out, you can try again. My pediatrician recommended waiting six weeks between each try. It took several "trys" with Spunky, but she just made up her mind one day and did it. Good luck!

Amanda said...

Yea I am not going to stress about it, if it doesn't click for him than we will try again in two months that’s all. It's not like the potty seats or the underwear expires, we need the supplies anyways. No matter what I am looking forward to spending lots of time with my little guy.

Matushka Anna said...

Good luck! I'm going to ditto Michelle.