February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine’s Day!

I just wanna say I love you all everyday!! We are a big holiday family at my house but we don’t go over the top with gifts. We actually only buy gifts for birthdays and Christmas instead we spoil with love and attention on all other holidays.  DH made me a nice steak Saturday night and I am making brisket tonight. But I goofed up, I didn’t read the recipe clearly and I knew it needed a can of beer but I overlooked that it needed stout beer, which is the only beer we don’t have in my house. So for lunch I am running to our liquor store picking up one bottle and running home to pour it in then back to work…that’s love.

I also looked at the calendar and realized that Pascha falls on the same day as Catholic Easter, kinda disappointed.  Why, Pascha (Orthodox Easter) usually is the following Sunday AFTER Catholic Easter so I was looking forward to buying Easter candy on clearance, silly I know.  So tomorrow I am going to Target to see what Valentine candy I can get on clearance, I also need it for potty training this weekend.

Hope everybody has a great Love Day!!

2 comments:

brittany said...

Happy Valentines Day!
Hubby made me a card..i thought it was so cute..and it shows he really put time and love into it!!
can i ask what the difference is with the beers?
lol like you i love when whatever holiday it is to go look at the clearance...im gonna go wednesday morning!

Amanda said...

Stout, IPA, Ales, wheat all pretty much have the same 4 ingredients just different amount of them. On the label it will say what kind of beer it is.