February 11, 2011

Sneak Peak at my day as a Working Orthodox Mom

5:30 DH & I wake up- Morning prayers and Scriptures

6:00 Wake up Monkey, then the three of us will cuddle on our bed while Monkey drinks his milk, then I need to do my 5 minute yoga stretch, get ready for work, breakfast, etc.

7:15 the 3 of us are out of the house, drop Monkey off at the babysitter then off to work.  Fun Fact~ I drive in complete silence every morning; this is where I gather my thoughts for the day.

7:45 I arrive at work, I actually eat my breakfast at work, a little makeup and hair, check blog and sales.
Fun Fact~ I only have ONE cup of coffee a day!

8:00 till 4:30 working

4:30 run out of the office as fast as I can, usually have chit chat time with a friend or family member, and pick up Monkey from babysitters

5:15 Home! Monkey needs mommy time right away so I do a Dinner minute while holding him (I usually have dinner done the night before, so it needs little prep work, maybe just turn on a pot of water (which was also filled the night before)) then I can give Monkey 15 minutes of my undivided attention while dinner is cooking.

5:30-6 Dinner time! Even when it's cereal night, we eat dinner as a family.

6-6:45 Playtime/Monkey Lesson

6:45-7 Bed time routine with Monkey then bible study for me

7ish-8ish Shower/Clean/Laundry/Prep for the next day (it’s amazing on how much I get done in ONE hour!)  

8ish-10 Couch & Hubby Time while reading, folding, chopping vegetables, doing paperwork, working on Monkey Lessons (you can do a lot while sitting on the couch lol) *Expect for one night a week, my cleaning night where I clean the whole house from top to bottom

Hopefully 10:00 sometimes earlier Sleep  I sleep like a baby, I hardly move for 7 hours wonder why :) Fun Fact~ 4 out of 5 days I fall alseep on the couch until DH is ready for bed.  We are always in the same room, I think that helps with our lives being so busy.

Side Note~ I really didn’t have a choice in this schedule, I have to work and DH and Monkey need love and attention so God really built this schedule, it just took me a few months to recognize it. Once we found our schedule all three of us is happy because we have time for each other.

3 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Having a schedule is really good for all of your. It give Monkey the stability that he needs, too. But, wow, you get up early! I detest waking up before 6 :)

Matushka Anna said...

I'm glad you've found a schedule that works for you! It seems that no sooner we find one, then we have a major life change and it's scrapped again for a while. Ah well...

sara said...

Great schedule! I need to work on getting one in place too.