November 6, 2010

Thanksgiving Menu

This might sound shocking but I don’t make our Thanksgiving menu…my DH does! I give him a long list of dishes and ask him to pick. First I have to get a guest list done so I know how many dishes I need to make.
This year’s choices are

Appetizers (2-4)
Stuff mushroom
Shrimp Cocktail
Hot crab dip
Spinach Dip
Pigs-in-a- blanket
Stuff cherry tomatoes
Raw Veggie Platter
Will ask someone to bring Cheese & Crackers

Stuffing: (1)
Cornbread Andouille Dressing
Cranberry-Apple Dressing
Squash-Shiitake Stuffing  (trying this week)

Vegetables: (2-3)
Green Bean Casserole
Broccoli and Cheese
Fried Cream Corn
Glazed Carrots & Pecans

Potatoes: (1)
Baked Mash Potatoes with Parmesan Cheese and Bread Crumb topping
Sweet Potatoes Casserole with a marshmallow topping

Relish and whatnot:
Apple-Cranberry-Orange relish (trying this week)
Homemade Gravy

Dessert: (2-4)
Pumpkin Cheesecake (trying this week)
Ricotta cheesecake with Cran-Rasberry sauce
Apple Pie
Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Cranberry upside down cake
Will ask inlaws to bring pineapple-upside-pie (dave’s favorite)

What will be on your Thanksgiving table??

4 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Wow- that looks like a lot of great food! We always go to NY for Thanksgiving with my family, so I don't get to choose anything. But the meal is usually the same every year: it starts with a special soup that my Nonna always made- Turkey brother, noodle flakes, tiny meatballs and chopped mozarella, then we have turkey with all the trimmings, and end with pies and desserts. Everything is really delicious. :) I hope yours is just as successful.

Crystal said...

Yummy! We still do Thanksgiving at my Grams house. So she is in charge of everything. We have about 4-5 appitizers when we arrive. Then we sit down for our courses:

1. soup
2. salad
3. stuffed shells
4. Main course with turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, rolls, etc
5. Dessert, every pie known to man, brownies, cookies, coffee, tea

My Gram is crazy but we do have 22 people at dinner!

. said...

Yum!!!! Everything sounds so tasty! We're going to come to your house this year ;)

Amanda said...

***Correction, the link to the stuffing is in correct please visit

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/squash-shiitake-stuffing-recipe/index.html

The for recipe, another note in regards to the stuffing... it's expensive but I really want a meatless stuffing so I think I will just make it Thanksgiving day and keep fake stuffing just in case it turns out nasty lol

I can't wait for Thanksgiving!!