November 12, 2010

PAN-FRIED SCALLOPS

1/3 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dried marjoram
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 lbs. scallops*
1/4 c. dry white wine
1/4 c. brandy
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Combine the first three ingredients in a gallon-size food storage bag. Add scallops and shake to coat.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops and cook till done, about 5 minutes each side. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
Over medium heat, add wine, brandy, and balsamic vinegar to pan and cook until heated through, stirring from time to time to get the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Stir in scallops, making sure they are heated completely. Serve immediately, I like to serve this over Garlic Pasta and broccoli!
*You can use either bay or sea scallops for this recipe. I prefer the smaller bay scallops, but the sea scallops are delicious also. If you don't like the size of the sea scallops, you can always quarter them before cooking.

This recipe require oil and wine so I will only make this dish on the weekend during lent 

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I just found "Fire" Roasted Red Pepper Soup, it requires cream but I'm thinking just adding more crushed tomatoes. If it works out and still tastes good, I will share

Amanda said...

Check out this website for soups, I'm liking what I found http://www.savory-soup-recipes.com/index.html