November 2, 2010

BookClub: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith

I was finally done reading this book november 1, took a little longer than I planned but glad that took my time and really enjoyed this book. It had a lot of history in it as well as Vampires (pretty gruesome and bloody).  The author was so good; that I kept asking myself was this real??  Did Abe Lincoln really chase Vampires?  I had to Google on how Abe’s mother and son died, if Abe really meet Edgar Allan Poe, the curiosity got the best of me.  Abe viewed people as individuals of course was true, on how he felt in regards to slavery and was the whole reason why he became our 16th president.  His pure thought was if he can
get rid of slavery he can get rid of vampires.  I enjoyed growing with the character Henry I loved the ending how Henry has used his powers to turn Lincoln into a vampire, believing that "some men are just too interesting to die".


No more books for me until the new year, Lent starts in two weeks so I will spend all my extra time reading the scriptures.

1 comment:

. said...

I had seen this book and wondered if it was any good! I like Abraham Lincoln a lot and it seems an interesting take on him. (Myth in our family is that we're related to him!) I might have to read it after the New Year!