August 22, 2011

Thank you for the past year!

I have been blogging for one full year plus two days !

Here are some fun stats:
All time page views 3,470 (average about 10 a day)

I wrote 195 post

Top Five Posts
1) The Help (that’s because of the movie)
2) My only goal today (thanks to Matushka Anna)

I have been awarded for "Keeping it real" award (thanks to Matushka Anna)

I am really happy to see people from all over the world reading my blog;
Canada, France, South Korea, Germany, Slovenia, India, Romania, Denmark, and Greece..plus all 50 states!

Some measurable changes in my life from the last 12 months
1) I pray more, in fact thanks to reading The Help, I keep a list of people to pray for and what I need to pray for ( I have horrible short term memory)
2) A little embarrassed to say but this time last year I didn’t fast on Wednesday but now I do :)
3) My grocery bill has dropped $50 a month, plus we aren’t eating out as much and I am baking more!!
4) I lost 10 pounds since last year (ok that’s not really blog related just wanted to share lol)
5) Monkey is still not potty trained but he knows some of his colors, he kinda can count, write the letter T, O, M, and W (I didn't focus on ANY of these letters, lol kids)

Ok but here is what I am really happy and thankful for, the great relationships that have been created through this blogging world.  A year ago, I didn’t know how to connect with people who have the same values and beliefs as me. I belong to a church where it’s more of an older generation than younger, and our family isn’t Orthodox (or really Christian) so it was a struggle at first but I am so happy where my family is at today. It might have taken me a little longer but I am here.  It’s tough and tired but that means we are on the right track.

When I first started this blog, my main goal was to be a better Orthodox Momma, and thanks to your support, tips, and advance, I am 100% better at my main job. I always said it takes a village to raise a child, I never imagine it takes the whole world :)

THANK YOU and I can't wait to see what this year will bring!

3 comments:

Matushka Anna said...

Congrats on your one year blogiversary! (Or however you spell it...)

Michelle M. said...

Happy One Year! I've enjoyed reading your blog :)

Brittany said...

yay! happy one year!
im glad your happy where you are today with your beliefs..i know we arent the same religion but i always love hearing about it..it fascinates me how similar yet different they are..
i have to get better at this whole blogging thing!