August 20, 2010

Introduction

Last week I was bored and googling looking for a random Orthodox Christian convert AND a newly working mom blog but I couldn’t find any. I did find Orthodox Mom blog’s but most are SAH mom and I did find working mom blogs but none were Orthodox. So I figure I would just start my own.

I always had a passion for writing, in fact I used to keep a pray journal when I was young but that got in the wrong hands and some people just don’t like the truth so I stopped. Now I am a little worried that people I know will find this blog and might like what I write but you can’t please everyone. I promise I will not write anything negative nor any gossip about anybody. As much as I love writing I am a horrible speller and terrible at grammar, I apologize now. I also enjoy making up words, for example; Googling. Googling is looking up information on the internet, however, I don’t use google.com I use swagbucks . In the near future I will post some of my made-up words and all the abbreviation that I use.

I guess I should give you a little history on who I am and how I got where I am at. My name is Amanda, I have been married for almost 4 wonderful years and we have a 18 month baby boy. I have lived in Jersey just about my entire life, most of my family and friends live less than 15 minutes away, which is awesome. I was baptized Orthodox 4 years ago and besides marrying my DH, it’s the best decision in my life. I am that girl who loves to sign in the car but turns up the radio because I can’t sign.

What I tend to write on this blog is how I balance faith, family, and friends and share my love for saving money and frugal recipes. I hope that creating this blog I will meet more Orthodox working moms

6 comments:

Matushka Anna said...

Welcome, Amanda! I am a SAHM now but only since January. Before that I worked for our entire marriage and through the births of 5 children. I think most of the Orthodox Mommy blogs consist of SAHMs but there must be other working moms out there. I've been blogging since Nov '08 and I was working most of that so I *was* one!

I look forward to enjoying your blog.

MamaBirdEmma said...

Hi Amanda!

I grew up in New Jersey! My dad and my husband's dad are Orthodox priests there:) It's a small world!

Amanda said...

Thanks for the support Matuska Anna!

Amanda said...

Matuska Emily it is definitely a small world!

Matushka Anna said...

I happened to bump into this blog today:

http://squeekymomma.wordpress.com/

She's a working, Orthodox mom.

Sarah said...

I saw that you found the food blog me and my hubby are trying to get going, and I'm excited to see your blog! I'm also a working mom, and I converted to Orthodoxy over the last couple years (baptized Holy Sat. 2009). It is nice to have a bit of solidarity, huh? ;-)