August 9, 2011

It’s been too long since I told a Monkey story

My little guy loves money…he has to no clue what it really is but if he sees it he loves to put it in his pocket (we all do).  I have two money stories to share.

The first one happen at the mall, we grab lunch at the food court and I placed my change on the lunch tray as I tried to juggle food, money, and Monkey.  Once we got a table, he saw the money and of course put it in his pocket, telling me it’s for the piggy bank.  After lunch we went to the Disney store where he saw Toy Story’s Ham (piggybank) and asked me for money, I wasn’t really paying attention to what he wanted, but gave the everyday mom answer: “I don’t have any money.” He replied “that’s ok I have money.” Now I start to pay attention, knowing he has 75 cents from lunch.  He pulled out his changed and places it in Ham then walks away.  He didn’t want the piggybank, he just wanted to put his money in it.  That piggy bank now cost $19.25 at the freehold mall.

Second story takes place at church (all good kid stories do) Monkey gets a dollar to put in the basket every week, and I thought last week was like any other week, I gave a check he gives a dollar. Services were almost over and he was going through my pocket book pulled out my wallet and found another dollar.  Leans over the pew (we sit at the first pew) starts shaking the dollar, like he was at a strip club, and screams “I have more money!!” while wearing his sunglasses on..upside down*. That little boy walked out of church with a few more bucks because everything couldn’t stop laughing and gave him more money.

*Why did he have his sunglasses on at church… I am having a hard time trying to get them off with reasoning.  I tried to explain to him that we don’t wear sunglasses in church/restaurant/home.  But he points to other people wearing regular glasses.  I explain to him that they need those special glasses to see.  His response “I need these cool boy glasses to sEEEE too.”  I pick and choose my battles; the sunglasses stay on…as long as he keeps his shoes on.  Why are they upside down, that’s just the way he puts them on. I do put my foot down when it’s time for communion