January 20, 2011

Offering Help

Why do I offer people help all the time? When these people think I can be “odd” (that’s prob saying it nicely) at some times? Let’s not even mention that it’s not my problem but I put myself out there to help, rearrange my schedule because I want to. I never evening think about me, I just want to help others. I offer advice and time and yet no one takes me seriously.  Maybe they think I am bloating because I really don’t complain about my problems to others (I pray about my small headaches or blog about them lol) And yet people will always say “Amanda’s perfect, always on top of things” which hurts because I am nowhere near perfect, I just stay focus on what’s important my family and God. I am not trying to say I have all the answer, but I can help, once a problem is addressed I like to come up with a game plan to fix it. I try to help other mommas to see that all you need is faith and that God will provide.

This is my help for problems at home?

First pray about your problems! Ask for strength for the entire family, guidance to get your family back on the right path. Go to church together as a family.

Second have a family day (Sunday) once a week. Spend the entire day together from morning to night. That included whatever daily chores, do it as a family.

Next spend some one on one time with each of your family members. Even if it's just food shopping, everybody loves special attention.

Finally don't forget about yourself! We all need to recharge.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

If your "odd" than I must be "odd" also...and if thats the case than I'd rather be "odd" than be "normal" :) Helping others with advice doesn't mean your perfect with all the answers, just that your concerned and caring. What works for some may not work for others but every once in awhile the advice might just open someones eyes. If people don't want advice from others than they shouldn't complain about their issues. Your prioreties seem just right to me...and i love reading your advice.