January 5, 2011

Can I be selfish for just a minute

After 4 year ff saying that we are going away somewhere nice on our 5th anniversary just the
three of us…. We are not :(

I can’t get too disappointed we are going away just not to a nice hot beach with the smell of suntan lotion in the air, cold girly drink in my hand, and watching Monkey play in the sand.

We have a family wedding to go to in Vermont this June which of course comes first before any beach but since DH gets limited time off paired with limited funds we will make this our New England Vacation.  I have 6 months to plan our vacation which gives me plenty of time to plan a fabulous trip. We can go to Boston and visit Monkey’s godmom (she been asking for us to crash at her house for a while now).  Then we can go to Lake George and stay with my aunt and uncle. And of course if you tell DH you are going a any state he will find a great brewery that we must see. Also we can go to Cooper town (baseball hall of fame) on our way back. Still I’m a little sad; it sounds great but I had my hopes for Monkey to swim in clear BLUE water, maybe next year for our 6th anniversary.  But now I am done being sad and selfish about it and I am ready to make this the best vacation ever! I do have my hands full though because my jersey boy husband is NOT a country boy. This will be fun. 

No comments: