January 11, 2011

I hide...

BOOKS around my house. I can never predict when I will get an extra 5-10 minutes to myself but when I do I like to be prepared.  I always have a cookbook the I'm reviewing in the kitchen, some sort of mom/child book in Monkeys room, a bible study book in my bedroom, and of course a current magazines in the bathroom. So while my DH and Monkey are playing nicely in the living room and I am done cleaning the kitchen I can pull out my current cookbook (Sneaky Chef) and relax with a cup of tea, both boys think I am still cleaning so they don’t both me lol.  I try to give Monkey some independent playtime a day, so I lock up both of us in his room (safest room in the house) and let him make the biggest mess he can, I don’t mind because I have a book (Happiest Toddler on the block) to keep me happy. 

How to you sneak extra mommy time? What do you do with it?

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Honestly, during the day I sneak "mommy time" by "going to the bathroom". The kids will give me privacy and I'll get a few minutes to myself :) In the late afternoon/evening, I can get take my time getting things done in the kitchen if I set up the kids with a craft or a movie. I enjoy preparing and cleaning up dinner, so those don't always feel like chores to me.