March 23, 2011

Do you have any “personal assistance”?

I have a few and always in the market for more help balancing my life.

1) Without my Google Calendar, I might not know what day of the week it is lol.  I have been using this calendar for about 2 years now and still 100% in love with it.
PROs
It’s easy to use and easy on the eyes
It’s free on the internet
You can add and share other people’s calendar!! (my church is using it too so I can see upcoming events!)
Sync up to my phone

CONs
The app cost $5.99 onetime fee (but you don’t need the app)
Every though my calendar is out there for my family and friends to see, they still don’t check it lol (I don’t think any softwear will help :)

2) Apps!! I have Birthday-n- Anniversary List/Reminder (Occasions App) which I keep up-to date with and use all the time.  (I am a believer in sending out birthday cards for EVERYONE).  It syncs up to facebook and my contact list, I can add what that person likes and dislikes, email/call all from the app.

3) The second app that I love is my Shopper App, it’s not just for grocery (actually I really don’t even use it for groceries lol) it’s for everything that I need/want but waited for that item to go on sale, really every time I think I want to buy… goes into this app because 5 minutes later I will forget whatever it is I want to buy.

4) When you have lots of things to do, you must use Toodledo! It’s my to-do list that has alarm reminders, enough said, my phone beeps when something is due with the next 10 minutes.
PROs
It’s easy to use and easy on the eyes
It’s free on the internet
You can send an email to it and it will add a task!
Sync up to my phone

CONs
The app cost $2.99 onetime fee (it’s worth it)
You still have to do whatever the task is :)

5) My best friend that I couldn’t live without for me it’s my iphone, I love my phone. First the 4 things I mention above are all on my phone, so they wouldn’t be as useful because I have everything in one place. Even besides that I have 24/7 access to my emails (personal emails are blocked at work)
A) The camera is alright (esp if you are without your digital) it has zoom and edited and you can upload it to Kodak
B) 99% of  the apps are amazing (app store rocks)
C) I updated my address book to my contact list so I can always have grandma’s address on hand, comes in handy when you are always mailing birthday cards.
D) you can talk on the phone while still using the phone which happens way to often
E) my local supermarket has an app where I can see the current flyer and create a shopping list
D) and I wish everything in life was like this) you can get new updates on the phone without buying a new phone.

1 comment:

sara said...

I recently discovered Cozi-a free online organization site. You can keep track of your to do lists, grocery lists, menu plans, planner etc on it-and I like that I can import the planner/calendar to my desk top :) I don't have a cell phone, but I believe it has an app if you do.
http://www.cozi.com/