March 21, 2011

Children’s Clothes

I have recently join ThedUp, to sum it up in a few short words it’s where you can swap your children’s outgrown clothes for gently used clothes.  It’s nicely organized, where you can select the gender and size that you need, and then do a search if you are looking for something more specific.  All the mommas on ThredUp go into great detail of season, brands, colors, and extra details because they want/need to pass these items on. I already order 2 boxes last week and received them 5 days later! I was very happy with the condition of the clothes and that the box was dropped off on my door step (for this working momma that is heaven!).  The company will mail you 10 boxes (medium flat rate post office boxes) so you can list your clothes to give.  I just listed my first box :) It took me about 15-20 minutes because I wrote lots of details, the whole process is very simple.

A few side notes, it cost nothing to give your stuff away, the boxes are free, and I think the post office picks the box from your door step.  I think all boxes cost the same $15.95 to buy a box that includes shipping, I order size 3T and received 13-15 items in one box so that’s less than $1.50 per item. And there is a limit of boxes how many boxes you can buy vs how many boxes you can give away (you just can’t keep on buying boxes) you must be able to swap clothes.

1 comment:

. said...

I had been thinking about joining them too, but had heard mixed reviews. Also, we have a really nice children's consignment store that I go to and feel like I could get more items there for less than I could with ThredUp. But if you liked it, maybe I'll have to give it a try sometime.