July 14, 2011

Where are my wonderful mommys?

My little monkey will be starting preschool in September, we are excited, sad, and nervous all at the same time.  We have to start getting prepared alittle early because we will be on vacation the week before he starts preschool.  So I am starting to think about what to pack every day in his lunch box (just thinking about him carrying a lunch box gets me sad).  Now the preschool has a fridge and microwave but I don’t if they have room to keep every child’s lunch cold and I don’t want Monkey to sit and wait forever while the teacher heat all the lunches up either. So what do I pack in his lunch box?  I have been so blessed not to worry about this until now. I also don’t know if the preschool is waste free or peanut free, I will ask the next time I go back.

Here are some of my thoughts
Seasonal fruit of course, something that I can cut up ahead
String Cheese and Yogurt
Rice and Beans (in a thermos)
PBJ sandwiches

I am going to try next week to see if he will eat…
whole wheat pasta with minced broccoli and a touch of olive oil
Raw Veggies and hummus

2 comments:

Matushka Anna said...

Those sound like good ideas. You might also try packing his lunch in the morning and letting him eat out of it for lunch *before* school starts so both of you get used to it and you work out the wrinkles.

brittany said...

sounds like you got some good ideas!
how abot some mac and cheese? or ham and cheese sandwich? just a cheeses sandwich?..chicken..egg..or ham salad just by itselves or in a sandwich?
Cheye loves hard boiled eggs..
goodluck..its definitely gotta be sad..i still have like a year before ill have to start thinking about this..
they grow up to fast!