December 28, 2010

Back to work I go

I had a nice 5 days off and I would like to say that I am getting back into the swing of things but I have another 5 days off this weekend so.... I am moving a little slow ;) Have no fear, I am back to blogging, meal planning, looking for a new book to read (I am open to all suggestions). 

The past month was very busy, I am looking forward to things getting back to normal.  The Advent Chain didn't work out that well, Monkey was just too young, maybe next year. Actual I think Monkey was still too young for most of the Christmas celebration between him not sitting through a Christmas carol show to opening up presents left under the tree.  He opening up one present at a time and wanted to play with that present right away, he really didn't care that there was more gifts for him.

Right now I have alot of work on my desk; wish my clients had 5 days off too. Enjoy your day!

5 comments:

Janelle thegeekywife said...

Hi Amanda,
I'm a new reader to your blog. One book that I always enjoy is Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns.

. said...

Glad to blogging! Sad you're back at work! It's always hard to go back after a long break especially with another one so soon! What types of books do you like to read?

. said...

Glad to see you back blogging was what that was supposed to say!

Amanda said...

thegeekywife- Thanks I'll look into it

Sarah-I love to read history thru the eyes of a women, but I'm up for anything:)

Matushka Anna said...

Opening one present and ignoring the rest is par for the course for that age. When #4 was a toddler this caused discomfort with grandparents and aunts and uncles waiting for him to open one, exclaim, and then open another. He was content with the first present and had to be dragged to another one.

Hm. I've been reading all non-fiction lately so I don't know if I have any suggestions...