May 9, 2011

My little Container Garden

I always like to concurred my faults and I have a brown thumb (I killed a cactus brown thumb) I have great memories of my grandma’s garden and I wanted to add some greenery to my 2*2 backyard.  So a few weeks ago I started my little container garden, I wasn’t smart and spent way too much at first but I needed containers, soil, even a watering can.  So maybe next year it will be cheaper (plus I’ll start with seeds) but my son and I are having a lot of fun digging and watering (he might be overwatering on some plants)

Looking good
Spinach plants are almost ready to be harvest
Peppers are getting tall but no fruits yet
Blueberry bush, I want to plant another just on how pretty the actual bush is
Basil, Parsley, Lavender, and Rosemary

Not looking good
Tomato plant isn’t going to make it but I do see some fruits
Strawberry plant didn’t make it (I planted this and learned afterwards it likes sand-soil and my ground is muddy-dirt)    

Just seeded
Cucumbers
Watermelons

Eaten
NOTHING

If I could eat just five things from my garden this year I will call it a success, I am more hoping to learn from my mistakes this year to have successful gardens in the future.

No comments: