May 18, 2011

Meal Plan for week of May 21-May 27

I am happy to see scallops are on sale so I can make Scallops in garlic cream sauce, very yummy!  Also I'll be using my spianch from the garden, that will save me $2 this week!

Dinner
Saturday: Out with Family
Sunday: Chicago style hotdogs with sweet potato fries (total cost $5.50 for 3 servings)
Monday: Meatloaf with healthy-mash potatoes and peas (total cost $7 for 5 servings)
Tuesday: Baked Chicken with noodles and carrots (total cost $5 for 4 servings)
Wednesday: Healthish Ravioli’s  with a garden salad (total cost $6 for 4 servings)
Thursday: LeftOvers
Home Date Night Friday: Scallops in Garlic Cream Sauce with my favorite spinach strawberry salad (total cost $15 for 3 servings)
Sweet and Snacks
Cookies-and-Cream Parfaits (total cost $1.5 for 3 servings)
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (for my dad’s birthday) (total cost $2 for about 25 big cookies)
Fresh Fruit (Strawberry-Kiwi-Bananas-Apples) $6
Yogurts $4

3 comments:

brittany said...

sounds yummy..
can i ask what healthy mash potatoes are though? lol.. =)
and i read oatmeal cookies and now i want some..my sister gave me an awesome receipe..i know what ill be doing tomorrow now lol..even though i made two pound cakes yesterday..

Amanda said...

Healthy mash potatoes have white beans in it, I am trying a new recipe and will post if it's yummy and stands up to my totally fatten Irish potatoes. I used to use sour cream and half-half with a stick of butter. Totally bad for you but they taste like heaven lol

brittany said...

oh my..pete would love your mash potatoes..
when i make them..i just leave a little bit of the water from cooking them in there and usually at least a half stick of butter..depending on how much im making..