April 12, 2011

March’s Monkey Lesson

We learned all about cars, which is something Monkey already liked so this was an easy month.

We had a car wash with his little cars~ I provided plastic tub of water, soap, and towels. Then Monkey had a car wash by having them wash and dry their cars, all done outside of course!  I tried to point out the tires and door, but he really didn’t care all he wanted to do was make a mess.

We also made a steering wheel using paper plate and a little construction paper.  I had Monkey paint the entire paper plate (green for the month’s color) then once dried I just cut out the inside of the plate.  The next day I had Monkey glue two strips of black paper, he wasn’t happy that he had to wait another day to play with it, for the rest of the week he pretend to drive all around the house…until he ripped his plate.

I usually don’t have time to take pictures while Monkey is painting, I’m usually making he doesn’t paint any chairs or walls, so this is a rare photo of Monkey actually painting his wood car (that I got at the dollar store)

We also learned about the letter M and the color Green.  I found letter shape post-it’s at CVS so we had an M hunt, which he loved.  He enjoyed the fact that he could reuse them well in monkey terms; he enjoyed sticking Ms all over the walls lol

We also made M sugar cookies but for the next few weeks he was calling all cookies “M” so I don’t know how well that worked but he did enjoy them.


For April we will focus on bunnies, the color blue, the letter E, and I’ll be doing a lot of counting to 4.  I’ll post of success next month ;)

No comments: