April 7, 2011

And the winner is……

Kitchen Monki!

First I thought I was going to like Cozi because of the layout in the beginning but I wasn’t crazy with all the clicks I had to do just to get to the meal planner so I gave Cozi low marks because of difficult of use. I had a hard time with actually working with the whole meal plan for DinnerTool (plus it was lacking in color) so DinnerTool also got low marks.

Why is Kitchen Monki my newest Momma Tools? My first thought was how I was able to see everything; it had everything I am looking for without all that clutter, very nice and simple layout.  Very easy to add a recipe, step by step instructions to help, I added 3 recipes in less than 10 minutes in total.  Then I wanted to see search other people’s recipe and see if I can use theirs to my meal planner, Monki got an A+ in this department, you can search recipe by season, holiday, meal, ingredients, etc, you can also bookmark your favorite recipe. Once you find a recipe that you want to try add it to your basket or knowing as “Queue”.   Once you have recipes in your Queue you can create a meal plan and a grocery list

When creating a Meal Plan it is day by day (I wanted it by week) but when you go to print (which you can print everything or just the category you need, love it) you can see it by week.  You can also add a leftover and eat out night!  The grocery list is AWESOME you can add the whole recipe or just certain items, it won’t add an item twice, and the best part is you can create list by STORES!! That was the seller because I shop at a farmer’s market, ShopRite, and Sam’s club so to create three different list sold me

No comments: