August 29, 2010

Balancing Act

A couple of days before the next month I always pull out the calender and see what fun is stored ahead. Life can get so busy I try to control it a little when it comes to scheduling dates and events.

I always plan 2 dates with my DH; it doesn't have to be out of the house, our best dates are in our basement (my DH made it into a sports bar) with a fancy home cooked meal and music in the back-round. I think it's the best thing for any relationship to spend a few hours a couple times a month just focusing on the two of you, it's my answer on how not to fall out of love.

I try to see my family at least twice a month, I am full believer that it takes a village to raise a child so my family is a big part of shaping Monkey's life. Monkey is a will balance child thanks a little spoiling from the grandparents, extra kisses from his aunt, learning how to get into healthy trouble from his cousins, and somebody else telling him "NO" besides mom and dad.  I would like to start having more family dinners with my and DH parents, we used to do it all the time but the busyness got the better of us and I want it back.

Good Friends are some the best stress revilers that God ever made. I am blessed that my DH and I have the same great friends. I think it is one of the reason why DH and I have such a great relationship is because we laugh with the same friends. So I try to make sure we all get together at least once a month. I also enjoy having a girls time once a month too, the occasions varies from month to month, sometimes it's a bridal/baby shower other times it's to grab a cup of coffee but it's always me getting out of the house. Me getting out of the house is my way for Daddy and Monkey to bond (Monkey is a big momma's boy) and to grow their special relationship

It doesn't sound so hard to plan the next month but when you factor that I try my hardest for us to stay home on Sunday so we can bond as a family and recharge for the upcoming week, it makes the weekends a little tight. I want to add more time with our Godparents and our parents and once Monkey is a little older I want the both of us to start volunteering.  There is always more things I want to do each month but before you know it the month is over and it's time to start planning the next.

How do you balance your life when it comes to family and friends? I am always in the market for new ideas, not everybody loves my method.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm still trying to find a balance with this. We live about 5 hours from both our families (they live within a mile from one another), so our time here is spent mostly with friends. Some friends are from our current church, and some from our former, protestant church. For a while we were getting together every Friday with DH's and my godparents (a husband and wife), but that's more difficult now that my LO is going to bed earlier and they have 2 kids of their own. We are having to make more and more of an effort to see friends anywhere but church, and usually that involves disrupted sleep and routine for baby girl. It is tough!

Basically, and unfortunately, I don't really have any advice. I guess I'll just keep trying to work on balancing the teeter-totter of social and family life.

Matushka Anna said...

LOL! Father's family is about 6-7 hour away and my parents are 10 hours away. Some of my siblings are a little closer, some farther. We see each other maybe once or twice a year. "Balancing" it hasn't ever been a problem! (c;

As for friends, we don't really have any friends here yet (we've been here 6 months) so our friends are a phone call or e-mail away and we try to keep in touch.

As for getting away by ourselves out of the house, I guess it's been about a year since we've been able to do that. Not good, but most people aren't up to watching five little children, including Father's family (when we lived closer). We just have some quiet time after the children have gone to bed most nights, but generally we eat supper as a family.

Hm. No good advice here! I'd say we're the more maladjusted ones! (c;