August 23, 2010

Christian Children's Fund Changed its Name

Last night I was watching TV and the CCF commercial came on and while I was watching it I noticed the name changed, I normally don’t watch commercial so I don’t know when the changed occurred but the Christian Children’s Fund is now called ChildFund International. My first thought was they are now being p correct and got a little upset at first until I googled it; where I learned even though the CCF was founded by a minister they are not an organization that attempts to teach the children about Christ and how to be a good Christian. I was completely shocked and now understand why they changed their name because it is misleading to many Christians. I wonder how many Christians supported this charity just thinking that the CCF was going to spread the word of the gospel. Of course this is still a great charity that helps over 15 million children and to give is one of the greatest way to show Christ’s love to children.

No comments: